The MAC In Action
The success of the Town of Indian Head and the success of Naval Support Facility Indian Head are undeniably linked. To attract and retain highly educated, skilled personnel, the town must provide a vibrant community where employees and residents feel both invested and connected.
Part of the MAC’s mission is to help create that environment and facilitate those connections.
Here’s a look at some of the ways our alliance has assisted the town and the base in achieving their goals:
- Brought high-speed fiber-optic internet through the town to the base gates, in collaboration with the base, the town, and the Maryland Department of Commerce
- Secured funding to demolish over 200,000 square feet of hazardous and abandoned buildings
- Supported the transition of a blighted property to become the Velocity Center, a collaboration between the College of Southern Maryland and NSWC IH to promote innovation, create talent pools and to enhance local business opportunities
- Supported the transition of a blighted property to become the Maryland Technology Center, which houses public and private organizations, including bomb technicians, Homeland Security and FBI
- Assist Indian Head’s mayor in recruiting new businesses and executing the town’s vision plan
- Collaborate with the base on events and activities supporting servicemembers and families
We understand that we are stronger when we work together, so we advocate for both the town and the base, seeking to create a growing, thriving, collaborative community here in Charles County